By 2020 substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training.
PROJECT "RISE!" - LEADERSHIP AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP FOR YOUTH
• to activate rural youth to take an initiative in the life of their own communities and to unleash their potential by providing tools for learning;
• to cultivate or strengthen existing leadership skills;
• help to identify areas of growth and development of their own community and form ideas into thier own projects;
• to teach project management;
• to promote entrepreneurship among young people;
• to unite the community, local authorities and other private entrepreneurs in the implementation of projects.
Within the framework of the «Rise» project, young people receive the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge for the implementation of important projects for their communities and grants for their implementation.
Increase the prevalence of knowledge and skills needed for decent work and entrepreneurship.
Ensure the development of settlements and territories exclusively on the basis of integrated planning and management with the participation of the public.
Strengthen the means of implementation and intensify work in the framework of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
2018-2019 – more than 340 participants from Vinnytsia, Khmelnytsky, Ternopil, Zhytomyr, Poltava, Kharkiv, Chernihiv regions held 290 hours of project management educational sessions - lectures, internships and workshops with mentors from the Ukrainian Academy of Leadership and received grants for 29 projects.
• A social heirdresser`s for retirees was established in Narkevytsya OTG of Khmelnytsky region;
• Mykhailo Isyp from Kobeliak (Poltava region) constructed a prototype of an electric bicycle, which are already interested in manufacturers;
• In the village of Radisne (Khmelnytsky region) a special class for children with hearing impairments "Live sound";
• ZhdanSpace youth center was established in Zhdanivska OTG (Vinnytsia region), community bookcrossing was introduced;
• In the village of Peregonivka in Poltava region, the street lighting is equipped with lanterns based on solar panels "Merry Lantern";
• In the village of Shchyborivka in the Khmelnytsky region, a "Fitness Hall" has been established, where trainings, competitions and contests are held for all residents of the community;
• In the school of Vasylivka village (Poltava region) the radio station "School life FM" was launched.
PROJECT'S IMPACT ON BUSINESS
ASTARTA is a vertically integrated agri-industrial holding operating in the field of sugar and agricultural production. The company is a leader in the production of sugar, milk, soybean meal and biogas in Ukraine. The company conducts its business in 8 regions and 365 settlements of Ukraine. The company employs more than 9,000 people.